Abhyangam + Podi Kizhi
The Podi Kizhi is a massage therapy performed using small satchels containing herbs in powder form.
- Podikizhi is beneficial in the case of rheumatic arthritis
- Useful to overcome pain in muscles and joints.
- It is also effective in the treatment of chronic sports injuries.
For details, please check the detailed description below.
Podikizhi has herbs that are dried and powdered. These are mixed into warm herbal oils and then added into muslin bags. The poultice is applied to the affected areas. We generally use Kottamchukkadi Choornam to make Kizhi (satchels).
We use Ayurvedic oils Dhanuandaram Thilam and Murivenna (Any reputed Kerala brand )for massages unless specified or instructed about your own preferences. Please mention your preferences and body type in the "Additional Notes" section during the booking.
The therapist will carry all of the following items used for Ayurvedic therapies
- Massage bed
- Shirodhara stand and settings
- Speakers (With soothing instrumental music)
- Disposable towels
- Dim room light
- Ayurvedic herbal oils (Warm)
Approximate time of massage: 60 Min
Podikizhi treatment is effective in treating the joints, spine, lower back, and muscles.